A Dictionary of Linguistics and Phonetics
David Crystal's A Dictionary of Linguistics and Phonetics has long been the standard single-volume reference for its field. Now available in its sixth edition, it has been revised and updated to reflect the latest terms in the field.
- Includes in excess of 5,100 terms, grouped into over 3,000 entries
- Coverage reflects recommendations by a team of experts in phonetics, phonology, syntax, semantics, sociolinguistics and psycholinguistics, making it exceptionally comprehensive
- Incorporates new ideas stemming from the minimalist program
- Contains a separate table of abbreviations and table of symbols, along with an updated International Phonetic Alphabet
- Updates entries to reflect the way established terms are now perceived in light of changes in the field, providing a unique insight into the historical development of linguistics
- Remains the standard single-volume reference for the field of linguistics and phonetics.
David Crystal is Honorary Professor of Linguistics at the University of Bangor, Wales. He is the author of several benchmark reference volumes, including The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Language (2009) and The Stories of English (2004).
- Forlag: Blackwell Publishing
- Utgivelsesår: 2008
- Kategori: Språk
- Lagerstatus: Ikke på lagerVarsle meg når denne kommer på lager
- Antall sider: 560
- ISBN: 9781405152976
- Innbinding: Heftet